Ads 468x60px

Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Red Snapper Bruschetta!

This recipe was made up on the fly. The hubby went out fishing with some friends and brought me back some Snapper to have my way with. HAHA! I am going to explain what I did right and what I think could be done better. I plan to try this again soon because it was quite tempting on my taste buds plus healthy. Who could say no to that? This topping would be AMAZING on some grilled fish, but that isn't what I did




Ingredients:
2 Snapper fillets (in the future I will use another fish)
1/2 cup diced red onion
2 cloves garlic
20 ripe cherry tomatoes halved or quartered
1/2 cup white wine
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 Tbls FRESH basil
A few slices of sourdough bread (or any bread)

     Pour a small bit of olive oil into a medium pan, on medium heat, and sweat your onions to soften them. Make sure to add a little bit of salt with each addition of veggies to pull out moisture and layer flavor. When the onions are soft toss in your garlic and tomatoes. Cook them though for 3 to 4 minutes then pour in your white wine (I only used 1/4 so mine isn't as juicy as I wanted). You want to cook the wine down by half then toss in your vinegar, basil, and fresh black pepper. Set this aside until plating.
     Here is where I haven't figured everything out yet. I used the snapper we had, but I honestly didn't enjoy the fish. Either I have no clue how to cook it or I am just not a fan (if you have a cooking suggestion please let me know. We have tons now!) I decided you would broil it like I do salmon. I seasoned with salt and fresh pepper and brushed with a strawberry vinaigrette. In hind sight I realize snapper doesn't have the oil that salmon does so it just dried out.
     If I use snapper again I believe I will try to poach/braise the fish by preparing everything up until the wine is added then introduce my fillets to the pan and popping it all under the broiler. I haven't figured this snapper out yet. Let me know what you would do different.












0 comments:

Post a Comment